#SixforSunday is hosted by Steph at A Little But a Lot. The theme for February is Share the Love and today’s prompt is Six reasons I love blogging. Where to begin? I suppose the start of my reading journey is as good as any!
- I re-ignited my love of reading in January 2019 after spending a ridiculous number of years allowing work to take over my life. I can honestly say it was the best thing I’ve ever done – short of getting married! I read quite contentedly in my own little zone for a few months and then decided it might be fun to review the books I loved. So began my journey into creating my blog in April 2019 which has taken up a lot of my time, but I really do love it as it gives me an outlet for my thoughts on books.
- This may seem a little strange as blogging is a hobby, and one which I love, but I also really enjoy the challenge and stimulation it brings with it whether that be writing reviews or picking up a book/genre I wouldn’t normally try – and loving it.
- I was totally oblivious to the wonderful blogging community when I first started posting. Now, I love interacting with some fantastic bloggers who share my love of middle-grade, reading their reviews, and getting book recommendations – and just general sharing the love of books!
- I cannot deny that since I started blogging, I’ve built up a rather impressive TBR which I love as it gives me an endless supply of books – the only issue is that I can never see myself getting to the end of it as I keep adding more books – but I’ve come to terms with that – just about! I also love getting to share these books with my class after I’ve read them and being able to talk to them about the books I’ve read.
- I also love that blogging has given me the opportunity to read some highly anticipated books before they are released, whether that be as e-ARCs, pre-release copies or physical Book Proofs. I always feel really privileged and grateful to get these copies – not to mention very excited!
- I suppose the final reason sums all these up: I love blogging because I feel it is good for me – it is my little corner of cyberspace where I can write about what I love; it allows me to take my mind off other stresses and worries; and, it gives me the chance to connect with other book lovers.