This is a meme hosted by Taking on a World of Words. It asks three questions:
1. What are you currently reading?
2. What did you recently finish reading?
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
I’m currently just starting The Ghouls of Howlfair by debut author Nick Tomlinson. I’m really looking forward to this one as I think it will a perfect spooky Halloween read!
I’m on half term, so I’ve managed to get more reading done than usual in a week. This week I’ve read:
- The Great Brain Robbery: this is the second book in The Train to Impossible Places Adventures. I loved this magical adventure as the world-building is so imaginative and the characters are incredibly likeable. The author is currently working on the third in the series!
- Greta and the Giants: I was sent an e-ARC of this via NetGalley. It is a wonderful picture book which is an allegory of Greta Grunberg’s campaign on climate change.
- The Snow Sister: This was one I got from the library. It is a very short book, but full of atmosphere and wonderful story-telling.
- Jackpot: I was sent this one by the publisher for inclusion in an online review magazine. I must admit, it isn’t my usual reading material, but I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I think this was because the characters and their relationships felt really authentic.
- The Impossible Boy: I was sent an e-ARC of this via NetGalley. Publication day is tomorrow, so I will post my review then. This is a really fun book, full of humour and action, with a wonderful Christmas setting.
- Frostheart: This is the group read for Believathon, and it is the only one that can be read before the start on 1st November, so I just couldn’t resist. It is an incredible, heart-warming adventure with stunning artwork and wonderful characters.
I hope to read some Amelia Fang books as I’ve been assured by the child in my class who gave them to me that I’d enjoy them. I also want to make a start on my Believathon books, so I’m going to read my prompt for an atmospheric book, Potkin & Stubbs and my prompt for a seasonal book, The Velvet Fox. I also hope to read a couple of books that I’ve been sent for upcoming blog tours.